Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Max Has Arrived!

I haven't had much time to post lately, with a very good excuse. Our first child, a boy named Max, was born Friday, July 11th.


The little guy and Sheila are both doing great, and today is the first time I have been able to start thinking seriously about BBQ. We leave for Harpoon next Friday morning, and I have started planning for the contest and the vending operation.

Since the baby came early (he was actually due July 22), I will be able to go up to Vermont for the whole weekend now for sure. If he had just been born on the 22nd as expected, there is no way I could have left Sheila alone and gone away for the weekend. But now, that has changed. Sheila had the baby naturally, and she has bounced back great. We have friends who will come down and stay with her for those days if she needs it, but she feels that she can handle him on her own either way.

The last time I cooked a KCBS contest was last October. Wow, that is nine months ago. I cooked the FYBO in March, but that was not KCBS sanctioned. I am really concerned that I will fall flat in the competition at Harpoon because I am so out of practice. Most of our competition friends have cooked three, four, five or more events this year. But if that happens, so be it.
Regardless, I will be sure to have a great time and soak it all in. Harpoon may just be the first time I get a full night's sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am happy Max are Sheila are both doing great. Good luck in Harpoon, we won't be making it up this year.

Congrats again!

Steve
Fat Angel BBQ

Ted Lorson said...

Thanks Steve! Sorry you won't be able to make it to Harpoon this year. I will miss your dog and the dancing!

And congrats to you on a strong showing at Wildwood....