Thursday, September 06, 2007

Deal of the Century

I've been looking for a new kettle grill to replace my Weber 22 inch silver for some time. I have really wanted a grill on wheels with the table attached to make it easier to load and unload from our trailer. The grill I have had my eye on for some time is the Weber performer, which comes with the table, ash can and propane charcoal starter. However, they ain't cheap, usually around $350.

Weber Performer

So, at the beginning of the summer, I noticed that BJ's had a Kingsford charcoal grill for sale for around 130 bucks. This grill was pretty similar to the Weber Performer, without the charcoal starter. However, I didn't think it was worth that much money, so I passed.

Slowly, as the summer wore on, I noticed that the price of the grill started to come down. First it went to $99, then $79. When I went at the end of August and saw it at $49, I decided that I would pick one up. However, I only had my small Volkswagen Jetta there that day, and figured I would grab one in a few days when I could come back with the truck.

So I went in last weekend, and it was down to $29! I immediately grabbed it. It took a while to put together, but once complete, I was really happy with the end result.



While it is nowhere near as nice as the Weber Performer, I think it will be a great grill for us to use at competitions in the future. It is heavy and seems durable. Still, it was only 29 bucks. Our other kettle will now stay on my patio for grilling competition practice.

No comments: