Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Night Dinner

A little bummed about the pedestrian showing at the Snowshoe yesterday, I decided to do some cooking today. Guess I needed to show myself that I could still cook.


With Sheila gone for the day on business, I decided to cook a rack of lamb that I've had in the freezer for a while. Sheila doesn't eat lamb, so this was a good opportunity.

Rubbed the rack of lamb with coarse ground mustard, then fresh chopped rosemary, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. Pan seared, then 14 minutes at 450 in the oven. Nice medium rare.

Served over roasted garlic mashed potatoes, finished with a port wine demi. Great blend of flavors. Would have been in the top 5....

2 comments:

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Sorry dude, it would have disqualified. Look at all the pooling of sauces.

But damn that looks good. You can cook for me anytime.

It was great seeing you at the Snowshoe.

Ted Lorson said...

You too Robert, it was fun despite our average showing.