Monday, September 22, 2008

Back From Westport

Got back from the Westport contest around 9PM last night. Was a really fun weekend, great weather, great venue, lots of friends close by. Our scores weren't where I would have liked them to be, but the judges were really right on. I can identify exactly what went wrong with each category that led to the scores missing the mark.

Got one good call, 3rd place pork with 35 teams, and we finished 9th overall, so it was an OK showing. But 25th place chicken and 20th place ribs hurt. Brisket was 12th, and I was surprised it finished that high.

It's funny how I think that the more competitions you do, the easier it should get, and that is never the case. In a couple of ways, it is back to square one for me. I'll post the whole weekend round up soon....the good, the bad and the ugly!

No comments: