Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday Cook

Had a rare day for me these days and had nothing going on at all Sunday and I had no place to be, so I decided to fire up the smoker and make some food for the Daytona 500. It's an event, why not celebrate it.

Sheila requested ribs, so I cooked a three pack of loin back ribs, and threw a sausage fatty into the smoker for good measure.

The fatty came out good, I had some ideas when coming up with the recipe, now I have some more ideas. But it was pretty good.


The ribs, they were a lot like this year's Daytona 500, average. Used my own rub and tried a couple of sauce combos, but overall I was uninspired by them. Will probably go back to the old rib recipe for the season. Roasted Yukon gold potatoes were pretty good though.




Maybe everything tasted bad because Junior decided to fight too hard for position while a lap down and wrecked half the field. OK, no more NASCAR talk...

Have I said recently how much I love my Backwoods smoker? It just makes cooking so easy, and clean-up even easier. I'm starting my second year cooking on it, and I am really comfortable with it going into the competition season.

Overall, unhappy with the rib results, but it was fun to get the smoker out for the first time in nearly a month.

Also, I put a few bones in with no seasoning and Max got to try ribs for the first time. Of course it was chopped up and unseasoned, but he seemed to like it!

Max

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! A fatty? I need to know more! That looks OUTRAGEOUS! Going to a caterer's conference at the end of the week and there is always this raging debate/discussion about que, I NEED to know more aobut this artery clogging delicacy!!!!

Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog too. It's nice to know I am not writing solely for my own pleasure!

Cute kid!

Anonymous said...

Looking very tasty and Delicious!
I Buy Barbeques