Thursday, October 22, 2009

At The Jack

Just to back up a little, my team Q Haven did not qualify for the Jack. I'm here with Lakeside Smokers, as my good friend Mike Boisvert invited me to join them for their first trip to Lynchburg. I was honored to be asked and am glad to be able to share the experience. Brendan Burek of Transformer BBQ is here with us as well.

We left Tuesday morning in Mike's father's RV, a beautiful class C motor home. I was supposed to help with the driving, but Brendan and Mike's father in law Al drove the whole way. I feel bad that I didn't help drive, but I enjoyed not having to drive. When I compete, I do all the driving, so it was a refreshing change of pace for me.

Anyway, we arrived last night and just relaxed. Today, we will get the setup done and do a little sightseeing. Tomorrow, the real fun begins!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Chris said...

Enjoy it. I'm hoping the weather moves through before the event, it's going to be close.