Thursday, November 11, 2010

McRib


Well I broke down and tried the McRib at McDonald's yesterday. Can't say I was all that disappointed.


I remember having the McRib back in th early 1980s. I was maybe ten or eleven years old, and recall enjoying it. I'm not sure what the motivation was for McDonalds to bring it back now after all these years, but here it is.



The sandwich was pretty much as I remembered it. The meat is essentially a ground pork patty, doused with the BBQ sauce they serve with the McNuggets. The sandwich was topped with pickles and sliced onions. The meat was actually pretty juicy. No smoke flavor at all though, clearly cooked on a griddle.



Long story short, it ain't BBQ but it's ok.

1 comment:

Deux lai said...

Too bad we don't have this back in where i come from.

brinkmann charcoal grill