Friday, June 19, 2009

Off to New Hampshire

Everything is packed an in a little while I'm off to compete in the New Hampshire Rock-n-Ribfest in Merrimack, New Hampshire. I'm excited to get out there and compete after so long.
Saturday will be a blast, as several members of my family are cooking the grilling contest. I detail this more in a previous post. Sheila will assuming the role of pit boss, as she will be the one charged with holding it all together.

The weather doesn't look all that great for the weekend, but I really don't care. It cannot be any worse than 2006, when it poured all day Friday and Saturday and turned the competition area into a muddy disaster area. Pictures below from that mess....

Unlike 2006, we have the camper now, so if it really gets bad we at least have somewhere to ride it out in comfort.

We will also have Max with us, I can't wait to see how he reacts to being at a contest now, I think he will love it!

I'll also be trying to send updates and/or pictures from my Blackberry during the weekend.

No comments: