Saturday, February 09, 2008

Nothing's Cooking

On the smoker, that is.

But in three weeks, that should all be changing with the Freeze Your Butt Off BBQ contest that is being held March 1st and 2nd at the Jiminy Peak ski area in Western Massachusetts. It looks like the summer cooking season is going to be pretty much lost this year, with Sheila due July 22nd. So all I have to look forward to competition wise is a couple of early season events.

Hopefully the FYBO will happen. But there are only nine teams signed up so far, and they need at least 12. When the contest was first announced, tons of people on the message boards said "count me in!" Then, of course, they started dropping like flies, probably worried about the cold temperatures.

I'm sure all the hardcore New Englanders will be there. I Smell Smoke!!!!!, Lunchmeat, iQue, and Transformer BBQ will all be there. Q Ball is coming too. I hope a few other teams get off the fence and sign up. it would be a bummer to see this contest get cancelled.

I believe 16 teams came out last January for the Winter Sizzler in New Hampshire. It was cold, it snowed, and we all had a great time. I'm sure this one will be fun too. I hope it happens.

No comments: