Friday, September 19, 2008

Westport!!!!

It's competition day!

We leave for Westport tonight. Finally a contest I don't have to drive more than two hours to get to. With light traffic, as I am expecting after 6 tonight, it shouldn't take us more than an hour and 15 minutes.

The best part for me today is that I took the day off work. I do have a full day planned though.

First, it is off to the camper place to get a new house for dumping my tanks. The last one is what came with the camper, and it never really stayed on properly. I don't want to go into detail but this is the nasty part of owning an RV. I will be getting the best one I can buy.

Next, it's off to BJ's to get last minute meat and charcoal. Then, home to do a little prep work. After that it will be off to the place where I park the camper these days, bring it home and do some final packing. I went over to the camper yesterday to get some stuff done, so everything is clean and ready to go.

After that, some final packing, then when Sheila gets home with Max we are off!

The good news is that a lot of friends are coming tonight. Lakeside Smokers, Transformer BBQ and Wine and Swine will all be there tonight. We really have nothing to do until the Iron Chef contest Saturday night, so we will have a lot of time to just hang out and relax.

No comments: