Thursday, February 26, 2009

The BBQ Bailout

Sunday, Q Haven is cooking in a contest that came together very quickly, the BBQ Bailout. It was added to the calendar to replace the Freeze Your Butt Off, which collapsed a little more than a week ago.

I am actually very happy that it collapsed and the new contest was put together. I would not have been able to cook a two day contest this weekend because of child care issues, but the one day contest is something I can work with. So I'm going....a contest, yeah!

The categories are pretty straightforward: Chicken, Sausage, Flank Steak and Ribs. I am cooking all of the categories except the flank steak, which is being cooked by my brother. The event is in Maynard, Massachusetts, which is less than two hours from my house. Bonus.

I'm looking forward to getting up there and seeing everyone.

No comments: