Thursday, February 05, 2009

Lack Of Motivation

It's a combination of that and a lack of subject matter that explains my lack of posts lately. I haven't been doing a whole lot of cooking over the last few weeks. I had planned to make a few different types of wings for the Super Bowl, but got lazy and just made buffalo chicken wraps. They were good, but the wings would have been a lot better!

Have been starting to plan for the Snowshoe Grilling Challenge next month. It's the only contest that is on my schedule in the near term. The categories will be fun: Fish, Burger, Pork Tenderloin and Sausage Fatty. I am most excited about the burger. I have strong opinions about what should and should not be on a burger, and lets see if the judges concur. Oh yeah, I have to cook it well too...

Maybe I'll do a burger post soon...

I had really hoped to cook the Freeze Your Butt Off on February 28th and March 1st in Maynard, Massachusetts. However, Sheila will be away that weekend on business, returning home Sunday morning. The good news is that she is flying into Boston, and we timed her return flight from Montreal so that she will get in at around 10AM. If all goes well, we will head up to Maynard after she lands and visit with the brave teams that attend.

For those who are on the fence about this contest, I suggest that you enter. It was cold last year, no question about that, but it was a blast. Saturday night, the I Smell Smoke!!! team had a fireplace going, and the partying went deep into the night.


There was also a potluck dinner Saturday, where the teams all cooked up some great stuff.

Wish I was cooking it....sometimes life gets in the way of my fun.

No comments: